Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Orchids I have blooming now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orchids I have blooming now

Here are some orchids I have blooming now. I have been growing orchids now for about 5 years. They are what got me into CP's when I was looking for a non-chemical way to help control fungus gnats with my seedlings.

Pict 1 - Psychopsis hybrid (NoID) - this actually has 2 blooms and another bud plus 3 growths maturing. (which should all throw spikes)

Pict 2 & 3 - Cattleya hybrid (NoID) - Pleasant fragrance that is strongest in the morning. Second blooming of summer with another growth starting.

Pict 4 - Dendrobium hybrid (NoID) - Received in the mail a year ago from TFD floral delivery as a thank you gift.

Pict 5 - Paphiopedilum primulinum - This is on its 9th bloom (sequential bloomer) and is also developing a seedpod that I crossed with Paphiopedilum lowii (I know the pod parent is usually the lowii but I wanted to see if there would be any difference going the other way).

All of these are growing on a shelf facing a very large east facing window. They are on humidity trays and are all in S/H (semi-hydroponic).

I hope you enjoy. I will have many more later this winter if you do like them.
    Feed me Seymour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, forgot the last picture.
    Feed me Seymour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first and the last are really neat

The first one reminds me of one of those birds of paradise, or some kinda crazy Mardi Gras/Carnival hat. :P

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage