What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid in bloom

This is Mo. Painted Desert 'SVO' HCC/AOS x Morm. lawrenceana '#1'. It has a great minty/eucalyptus scent in the mornings, especially when the sun hits it.

What a gorgeous flower. Good growing.

xvart.

I normally don't go much for flowers but that is amazing.

Incredible! Such great colors. How big is the orchid? It looks pretty big.

That is one impressive plant. Judging from the size of the palms growing around it, the orchid is about 400 ft tall. Unless the palms are in the background, in which case the orchid is still darned impressive, if not quite as large.

You really threw me with the name. I saw Mo. and assumed it meant Mormolyca, which is smaller and with less showy blooms. At least the one I had was. So I had to look it up to discover Mo. means Mormodes. Do you have other orchids too?

Bruce,

I primarily grow orchids. I got into CP's to control fungus gnats in my seedling tent. I have about 100 orchids from many different genera.

Capensis,

Size of plant. The bulb is about 8 inches (20cm) tall. Flowers are 2.5 inches (6.5cm) across. Not quite 400 ft tall. :D

Beautiful specimen!

amazing! lets see some more pictures of your orchids (if you have any pictures, of course)!

That's what brought me back to CPs - I was thinking of orchid pest management. The orchid collection shrank as the CP collection grew and now I'm down to 4 orchids (from close to 100). But I've also cut back on CPs and have only one Nep in the house, plus several Sarrs & VFTs sleeping under a pile of leaves outside.

:0o::0o:WOW!! That is absolutely breath taking.. I love Orchids they are so beautiful...

Back