What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown Paph hybrid

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
third time blooming in my care, 4th if you include the open flower when i bought it in September of 2007 when i was in Florida......first time its done 2 flowers

IMG_0472.jpg

Nice. I like that black purple coloration.

It's a beauty, whatever it is. Does it bloom regularly or require anything special?

xvart.

it blooms once the new growth matures which is roughly every 6 or maybe 7 months......its growing in a pot under the T8's i use to grow my CP's.......its right between the 10 gallon tank that has my U. humbuldtii and the other tank that has my Orchidioides section Utrics.......growing it in course orchid bark mixed with some regular potting soil.......water it about every other week and fertilize it about every other month with what is leftover from the mix i feed my nep pitchers......actually its been one of my more care free and reliable bloomers but it only sets off one new pup at a time and the one that bloomed dies not long after that so there is nothing for me to divide for trade material.......the flowers pictured will prolly stick around about 4 weeks than when they die it will start growing a new pup and about the time the pup is half grown the old rosette is mostly dead.....

i really do like this orchid.........
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Back