What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbophyllum Ornatissisimum

Hello all:
So, I received a bulbophyllum ornatissisimum for Valentines day and I am a bit confused about taking care of it.

It is very small, only a few small leaves. It has a few very small roots, and I have potted it in a mixture of organic coconut fiber, blonde sphagnum moss, a little charcoal, and some orchid mix. I water it about every 3 days because it is in an orchid basket and dries out very quickly. I also fertilize it about every 3rd watering with some Better Grow orchid food. I have been doing this since February and have seen no change in my orchid.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or care tips for growing these. The leaves are very light green and somewhat shriveled. I don't know if this is normal... I will take a picture tomorrow and post it.

I would really appreciate any information!

Thanks!

Here is a some-what understandable link.

Bulbophyllum ornatissisimum, quite a mouthful, isn't it? :D

It would be helpful if you could tell us what kind of growing conditions the plant gets. There's a big difference between a sunny deck in Phoenix, an apartment window in St. Louis and a greenhouse in Buffalo. Definitely stop fertilizing it, but tell us more and we'll try to be helpful. The most knowledgable Bulbo grower here is Josh, who rarely checks in anymore. But he'll be able to give great advice if he sees your question..

Back