What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New paph!

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
Got this beauty at Trader Joe's, and am holding out for more at the orchid show next weekend:

With a flash
P3190255.jpg

In the sunshine
P3190257.jpg

these are very nice orchids i dpnt have any like this one but want at least one for my collection, nice find:-O

Thanks! I was in shock when I first showed up in SoCal and realized that every regular old grocery store has amazing orchids in it!

How much was it? I always wanted to go to trader joes for paphs, i heard the one in pittsburgh has one. Yesterday at the orchid show i got a Paph Hsinyang Web X Hsinyang Rocket. It's supposed to be very dark... it will be blooming in a few days, so we will see

They're usually between $7-18ish or so. Pretty cheap for some of the amazing looking orchids I see there IMHO.

And I hope you post pics when it does bloom :-O

I will lol... maybe here and main forum idk it should open by tuesday

Does it have a name?

I dunno, didn't come with a tag. ??? Maybe I ought to put it in the "ID me" part of the forums...I think it's a great flower nonetheless even if I don't know what it is.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Looks kinda like the white paph (angela?) in this thread... http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121361

The angela is mine, and it is still blooming. Personally, I think it could be an angela X something, but how tall is it? Angela has nivea, so it only gets about 8 inches tall, including the flower

Yah, it's a very nice flower you have yourself :-D

It's a very short plant - 8" seems about right, and it doesn't look quite like yours...oh, and it has another bud nestled behind the open bloom that will hopefully open too.

Yeah, green is kind of a hint that it probably isnt angela. My web x rocket is halfway opened!

Back