Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wild lady slippers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Jason and his dad (Jerry) are very nice guys. I'll have to check out OL soon I need fertilizer and some cork bark slabs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Hi,
    Thanks for the heads-up. I did notice them on a net search, if I can get some time in transit to stop in on them. And I did see some prices online.... Wow! I think I can afford a Nep pot or 2... but they will be empty pots of course! But it will be fun to see all their plants and stuff.... Do hope I can swing some time in en-route.

Take care and thanks again all!

And Ant... yea, I wasn't sure. People used to say if enough soil was packed with the plants (bringing along the "fungus" with it), that they would acclimate fine so long as the rest of the environment was right.
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's worth stopping in and very hard to resist leaving without at least one plant.
    If you ask for a tour they'll show you all around the entire facilities and answer your questions fill you in with the latest orchid world gossip as if you knew everyone they do. Definitely a friendly atmosphere. If I ever loose my job I'm gonna beg to work there.

There are like 3 or 4 greenhouses (plus one retail showroom GH) a full scale TC lab, a palate of fresh cork bark in slabs and tubes... a palate! I've bought fresh cork from them before and the lichens and moss and stuff started growing again when I mounted orchids on it and put it in the HL chamber. You don't really notice until you take successive pics over time of the same mount but I like mosses and lichens as much as orchids and ferns and Neps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    several years ago, my wife's grandmother dug up some C. acaule that grew in abundance where she worked. probably illegally, i don't know the laws in my own state, but i assumed it was against the law. anyway, she gave them to me, as well as a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember that was all growing in the boggy area (she knew i had a bunch of Sarracenia and figured she'd give me a bunch of native stuff to grow with them). the c. acaule lasted for about 4 years in a larger pot with some Sarracenia, bloomed every year, and actually was doing very well, spreading, etc...then 2 springs ago they didn't appear, and haven't seen 'em since. i have some Calopogon that I'm trying this year, they've sprouted. i just hope they bloom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12