What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swan diving into miniature orchids...

@chibae: Going to take a look now! my growlist also includes species that i have purchased as well.

on a related note, Lepanthes caprimulgus and Dendrobium cuthbertsonii red are coming in today! :boogie:

I got some mini orchids in the mail today too...

Platystele oxyglossa

Pleurothallis palliolata
Pleurothallis prolifera

and some small ferns:

Ebony Spleenwort
Gracillimum maidenhair
Adinatum microphyllum looks like the Gracillimum but a bit smaller
Selaginella uncinata
Adinatum raddiatum "Ocean Spray"
Doodia media "Rasp Fern"

And a new flat rate box stuffed full of various mosses from my moss connection! :D

Last edited:
that is awesome swords. how big do the later two pleurothalids grow? i especially like the first one.
i ended up ordering some orchids myself:

Dryadella simula
Pleurothallis herpestes
Scaphosepalum ovulare

makes my total up to 13. :p

Pleurothallis palliolata it's kind of hard to say, it's got two older bloomed out leaves which are 2" long on 3" long wiry stems and then there are about a dozen newer leaves which are only about 1 - 1 1/2" leaves on 1" wiry stems. So it's either 2.5 inches or 5 inches. I don't know if they start out short and get long as they prepare to bloom or if the blooming leaves are a different size or the two old long leaves are from when it was living in a low light environment? There is one Lepanthes who makes blooming and non blooming leaves but I don't know if any others do though so I'll have to see what sort of growth happens with it.

Pleurothallis prolifera has 3" leaves on a 2" stem. Apparently it's a slow mover, there are 3 leaves on it and the tag date says "2000" - I hope there have been some divisions taken in that time! LOL

Last edited:
Back