What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

orchid flower

orchidnoid2.jpg

orchidnoid.jpg

orchid-1.jpg

I think it's a bulbo?
Peace,
Zero

Cirrhopetalum of some sort. They were formerly classed in with Bulbophyllum but generally appreciate cooler conditions than bulbos. I grew mine in the HL tank and they grew/flowered fine. Hard to tell if it's a species or hybrid though so many look alike. The last pic looks like it's possibly Cirrhopetalum lepidum.

congrads, I haven't tried any of that tribe, yet.

Nice plant/flower and does it have a scent? Some Bulbos/Cirrhos smell pretty bad.

I hope Josh (JBOrchidGuy, I think) checks in and sees this. He has a lot of experience with and knows a lot about Bulbos/Cirrhos. But I haven't seen his name here in a long time and, since he was making some major life changes, he might have moved on to other things.

The last pic looks like it's possibly Cirrhopetalum lepidum.

Bingo.

I have one, though it's out of bloom at the moment. I LOVE those little bobble-head lips!

I've had some species which had really neat hairy structures inside the flower that fluttered and jiggled when you tapped the flower stem or blew gently on them.

Still trying to relocate Bulbo. beccarii - a stinker but so cool cos it looks a bit like a large climbing (green) shingle mushroom. Of all my sold/given away plants from my original collection that's the one it looks like I'll never find again, websites that claim to have it don't when you email and ask.

Back