What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paph mutt blooming pics

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
It's all green!

..working on it...
P8280040.jpg

P8280039.jpg

and OPEN!
P8300007.jpg

very cute greenie, gotta love them slippers

why are you calling it a mutt it may be ,species I've seen a few very close to this.
Paph. venustum comes to mind.
I do love the all green and white blooms , they are so pure and clean , very nice bloom to:-O.
Could you do another shot with the flash so i can see the face, it may help in the id as well , unless you already know the name, its probably a primary hybrid , (just two parents) which is not a mutt IMO.
how may people can say they came from such a pure line, Ha None Of Us.

why are you calling it a mutt it may be ,species I've seen a few very close to this.
Paph. venustum comes to mind.
I do love the all green and white blooms , they are so pure and clean , very nice bloom to:-O.
Could you do another shot with the flash so i can see the face, it may help in the id as well , unless you already know the name, its probably a primary hybrid , (just two parents) which is not a mutt IMO.
how may people can say they came from such a pure line, Ha None Of Us.

I honestly don;t think venustum alba looks like that. Not enough Veining. Probably a Mauidae, but could be an all green Callosum or Lawrencianum.

yea probably not venstum now that i look close , the pouch on venustum is very viened almost reminds you of a brain, here is another possibility, though the bottom is a little pointed compared to yours

Last edited:
OK...but I'm out of town ATM so I'll get another pic later in the week. And yeah, it isn't venustum because it definitely doesn't have veining in the pouch. The fuzzy sepals/petals? are really interesting though. Actually I don't like them all green like this too much, but you know how you inherit other people's orchids if you grow even one for a year without killing it XD. (And I automatically like it a little because it will bloom for me hehe..)

With so many complex hybrid Paphs on the market, you can't assume a Paph is a particular species, not matter how close it seems to type. Odds are that it isn't and odds are that it isn't a simple hybrid either. It's a nice plant, whatever the name.

yup it is a very nice paph , congratulations on the blooming thez yo.
sorry i wasnt trying to name it , just fun guessing:blush:

Looks like Lawrencianum or a cross with it.

k more random shots:

P9040014.jpg

P9040015.jpg

P9040016.jpg

P9040017.jpg

P9040018.jpg

P9040019.jpg

P9040020.jpg

Nice Paph!!! I would have my sequential blooming, but when we went away in july we left the AC off :cry:

Back