Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Orchid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as far as I know of a true blue orchid. There are many though that are very very close. I just saw the same Phals at Home Depot and thought no way.... read the tag and my thoughts were correct, they are dyed. I have Bollopetalum Midnight Blue and the blooms are a very nice dark blue. But I have seen some that get purplish. They usually run about $15, at least that's what I payed for mine. It is starting a spike now, when it blooms I'll post a pic if I can.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently saw a very nice blue orchid... Dendrobium vexillarius var retroflexum. the clone that i saw in particular, because of it's crystalline nature, had metallic grey turquoise petals. along with the dark purplish lip with a bright orange tongue...quite a site to behold!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what a naturally 'blue' phal looks like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrtfox1942 View Post
    There is no such thing as far as I know of a true blue orchid. There are many though that are very very close. I just saw the same Phals at Home Depot and thought no way.... read the tag and my thoughts were correct, they are dyed. I have Bollopetalum Midnight Blue and the blooms are a very nice dark blue. But I have seen some that get purplish. They usually run about $15, at least that's what I payed for mine. It is starting a spike now, when it blooms I'll post a pic if I can.
    Awesome, I'd love to see what they look like from a "home grower" posting honest pics, rather than overly flattering or photoshopped images.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see, lighting has a lot to do with the perceived color. This is the same bloom. I will take more pics tomorrow. It has 4 blooms on it, 2 open and one maybe tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123