What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchids that can be grown in lowlands

Hey guys...I started growing 2 vandas and realized they were really easy and free flowering..So i guess i got poisoned buy the orchid bug But vandas are really big plants so are there other type of orchids which can grow down here in terms of temperatures? (My temps are 34C Day 27C night)

If so please recommend some commonly sold orchids which can grow well here. I saw some at sungai buloh nursery with just 2 broad shiny leaves and some which looks like they have bulbs at the base..Anyway please recommend some

Another thing, If the bloom is smaller then the previous bloom does that mean i need to fertilize more? Cause i haven't been doing that haha

Thanks

Cattleyas might do well. A lot of Oncidiums like higher temps, as do Tolumnia. There are plenty more, but they're usually harder to find.

Lepanthes calidictyon, Schroenorchis fragrans, and many bulbophyllum species would do well in warm/intermediate conditions.

Back