Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Tiny Orchid Garden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Tiny Orchid Garden

Every year, I bring my orchids into my house in winter and most of them bloom. Share pictures for fun and thank you for watching them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! Amazing collection you have there! My collection I wouldn't consider extraordinary by any means, and it consists mostly of phals with a few random others thrown ...most are "bargain rack" rescues from commercial places too lol. You've got a very humbling collection, Nice work!
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank Cremmy, most of my orchids are phals too with some dendros, catts, oncidiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

You're very welcome, and for the record - "tiny" your collection is not! haha, too funny, those are the same random ones I have thrown into my collection too One of my phals in bloom is a more recently added one, is sort of similar-ish to your purple ones in bloom... I have on Oncidium bulb - rooted but not much else going on there as it was received as a trade, one dendrobium (original had gotten two, traded one off lol), and bought a silly planter of cattleya pups that are looking a bit sad though

Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cremmy, I love your orchid: bright color!! I have some Cats but they are quite hard to bloom like phals and dens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww thanks! It has become one of my faves hehe It was a steal "as is" at $5.00 I have several phals various stages of "spiking".. but we shall she if i've gotten the hang of getting them to bloom lol..if they spike, will they bloom regardless? or do you know if they can produces spikes that are bloomless?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my trick to bloom phals during new year (especial lunar new year): let them cool but not too cold or freeze before winter then bring them in house. When they're in house, give them a little bit fertilizer so they wake up and bloom. Almost 95 % phals begin blooming after a month. The same with dens but only few with cats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I will definitely have to remember this for their next winter time! Thanks so much for the information, it has been most helpful for sure Been a lot of trial & error thus far, but least most things are still growing lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast