What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rose Pogonia cuttings

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
I had a pot without any leaf and with only roots going round and round the base of the pot...read online that the species can be propagated using the roots to I took cuttings and laid them under some LSM. The rest, I left them laying around at the balcony at a bright spot in a ziploc bag.

THEY ACTUALLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! :boogie:

Nicely done!

I have had a pot of Pogonia o. roots as well for many years. I never had the heart to throw it away (didn't know the root cutting trick until now). Last year it had one leaf and this year ..... three.

At least I can admire my Calopogon species while I wait (tuberosum, tuberosum alba and pallida) :).

Good job, Cindy!

very nice C.....
a weee bit of North American flora in Singapore :)
congrats on the successful propagation technique

A week later...

Flower buds?? :0o:

:boogie:

Wow they are beautiful!

Oh wow.... that is lovely Cindy :D
Man they're fast LOL

Obviously loving their Singapore home

Holy cow! WHere did you get these root cuttings? Are there ethically sourced plants available to the market? This species is vulnerable here to poaching.

Holy cow! WHere did you get these root cuttings? Are there ethically sourced plants available to the market? This species is vulnerable here to poaching.

The plant grows like a weed, one wire-like root ( a plant) will soon fill a pot. Cindy isn't taking root cuttings she's simply seperating plants.

This plant is actually a fairly common bog plant here. Many of us grow it along side our Sarracenia. There are several vendors who legally supply this plant to the hobby.

Yup, buds appeared...after about 3 weeks. The last time, it was faster with the cuttings under more light.

Back