What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gongora rufescens in Spike!

• Thread starter SubRosa
  • Start date

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
This is a pleasant surprise, as I just got this division a short while ago from TF member and all around good guy DaveS:

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_160926.jpg
    IMG_20150628_160926.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 62
Very cool. Eager to see updates as it develops.

Sweet! I have to try one again some day. Have always loved Gongora.

Wow this is great! Share the updated on the flowering and growth development on this plant, im eager too see the results!

Getting amazing plants like this given to you is just one of the benefits of dealing honestly with people here.

Getting amazing plants like this given to you is just one of the benefits of dealing honestly with people here.

There is nothing better than symbiotic relationships with folks that care about plants--and find them awesome--as much as you. And since most of us are so in love with plants that talking to "ordinary" people cease to suffice anymore, places like TF fulfill that need to not be the only CP enthusiast in your entire town.

Last edited:
Theplantman- i think we ALL couldnt have said it better then that ourselves :)

Thanks for the compliment and I know you will like the flowers. The flower scent is really pleasant and the flowers gets a nice, deep red color. I am looking forward to your update.

I found out about Gongora orchids from JBOrchid guy, Josh, from terraforums many years ago.

I think i kno jborchidguy from another forum great plants from threads ive seen :) im sure this will be nothing short of that.
Daves- do the flowers on these smell like anything to compare it too or is it its own scent or just one of those 'it smells like something that i can't quite name" just wondering... :)

Thanks for the compliment and I know you will like the flowers. The flower scent is really pleasant and the flowers gets a nice, deep red color. I am looking forward to your update.

I found out about Gongora orchids from JBOrchid guy, Josh, from terraforums many years ago.

Compliment? What compliment? I just call 'em like I see 'em sir! I'll be in touch via email in the next couple weeks after I get enough stuff divided to make a nice box for you. Enjoy your holiday!

KATastrophe;1179779 Daves- do the flowers on these smell like anything to compare it too or is it its own scent or just one of those 'it smells like something that i can't quite name" just wondering... :)[/QUOTE said:
It is one of those scents that is hard to identify, but it seems like a combination of sweet and clean.

Wow thats deff unique, well let us kno what you get from smelling the flowers subrosa
Thanks for answering my question dave s :)

Progress:

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_084111.jpg
    IMG_20150712_084111.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20150712_083816.jpg
    IMG_20150712_083816.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 58
Good morning!

Attachments

• 1438772601098-1568365600.jpg
    1438772601098-1568365600.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 62
rufescens is a nice one. Need to get a Gon. again someday. Had a chocoensis years ago. Miss the little "flying dragons".

Fragrance is much stronger today! I would definitely agree with DaveS' characterization of it as "sweet and clean".

Great looking flowers! I am glad your division bloomed first. I will see you at our NECPS show soon.

Back