What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

australian terrestrial orchids

Bonjour

do you grow these species ?

jeff

Yes. I have around 300 pots of them.

Bonjour

can you tell us what species?

have you some pictures ?

jeff

Hello Jeff,

I have tried to respond to your PM but it doesn't appear to be working for me.

I currently grow a large range of species from the following genera-

Pterostylis, Diplodium, Linguella, Taurantha, Bunochilus, Plumatochilus, Oligochaetochilus, Drakaea, Spiculaea, Elythranthera, Diuris, Thelymitra, Microtis, Corybas, Cryptostylis, Chiloglottis, Simpiglottis, Caladenia, Stegostyla, Arachnorchis, Acianthus, Cyrtostylis, Leptoceras, Pyrorchis and probably a few other that I cannot recall at the moment.

Many are now beginning to grow and the first few are now in flower.

Regards,

Sean

Bonjour

have you some infos on the watering ?

all my 5 species grow very well

jeff

Obviously my seasons are opposite to yours so you'll need to adjust.
My plants are grown in a complex mix of co**** sand, finer sand, 8mm pine bark, loam, composted leaf mould (containg Eucalyptus, Casuarina and silky oak), blood and bone as well as various trace elements.

Watering commences in late November for the Diplodium sp., in late January for most other species and late March for the Caladenia species.

During the warmer periods the pots are watered about every second day. During the colder winter period, probably about every 1 week.

Bonjour

merci for these infos

I have:

chiloglottis formicifera
chiloglottis trapeziformis
cyrtostyllis huegelii
diuris sulphurea
thelymitra graminea

it is OK also for these one

jeff

They are all easy to grow species. The Chiloglottis can be kept damp even during dormancy.

These are all species that I'd begin to water in late January down here.

mine actually

ORC.JPG

jeff

Last edited:
Bonjour

cyrtostylis huegelii in flower

cyrtostylis.JPG

cyrtostylis1.JPG

JEFF

Back