User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paphiopedilum supersuk "Eureka" AM/AOS x Paph Raisin Pie "Hsinying") x Sib tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paphiopedilum supersuk "Eureka" AM/AOS x Paph Raisin Pie "Hsinying") x Sib tips

So I picked up an impulse-buy plant (Or rather resist the impulse for several weeks and finally succumb plant.) It's a Paphiopedilum orchid. I have done poorly with a few Phalenopsis early in my growing, but feel ready to return to orchids.
    Despite my hubris, I have so many questions.

To start, is this hybrid a sequential/multiple bloomer? there is a second bud on the flower stalk. I am wondering if is an abnormality because of bad care.

Here is a picture of the foliage. Everything look ok?

This is the media and roots. From what I have read I should get it out of the moss ASAP. However, I'm sort of lazy with watering, and I'm wondering if sphag is a decent medium for Paphiopedilum.

This plant is growing in an east-facing windowsill in NW United States. It gets morning sun and light shade for the rest of the day. I water it when the top of the media is dry, and the rest of the media seems barely moist. It is in a clear plastic pot inside a decorative, unglazed clay pot. Portland metro area is unpredictable, but temps are anywhere from 100-50/60 to 60-50 day/night temperatures.

Any advice is super helpful! Thanks TF!
    Last edited by cwatson1414; 09-02-2016 at 06:20 PM.