User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Identifty ( o please please please!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great flower [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]. Do we get to see a pic?

(Glad you like the siggy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img])

Merlin
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Ageing is not a problem, ageing is a privilege.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.

No, you don't.
    Well, I'll try. No clue when thats going to happen.

Oh, nudder question.

I know the answer, but I'm hoping it contrary to what I know.

Lighting requirments? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the colors on your big Oncidium thing? If it's big and star shaped, it could be anything from a Miltassia to a Bealleara. We grow them at the bright end of Phalaenopsis conditions-almost like Cattleyas. Our biggest problem is the summer heat. They enjoy cool nights.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uuuum.

Light purple, almost frilly, but not VERY frilly. Um... Its about as large as... Maybe a tough smaller than a phalaenopsis flower. its speckly. Light flecks, not spots, and its tinged yellow on the inside. The chamber for the pollinia protrudes, and faces down, like on a phal, but there is absolutly NO sort of 'landing pad' or lower protuberance. There is a curled up apron, just like on my oncidium "sharry baby" but the petals are slightly longer and pointy. They're narrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I looked at both of the genera on google, and both look like mine.

What sets the two apart? Are there anymore that, superficially at least, look like those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I looked at both of the genera on google, and both look like mine.

What sets the two apart? Are there anymore that, superficially at least, look like those?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I was late to get back on this. There are tons of intergenerics along these lines. Luckily, most of the plants commercially available are mericlones. There are very few seedlings. The reason is a problem with sterility and low germination rates. These hybrids are genetically complicated, and most breeders are looking for that one really nice plant to put into mericloning.
    I think your best bet is to keep digging thru internet sites and grower's sites who specialize in Oncidium intergenerics. Check out Everglades Orchids. Milton Carpenter is one of the first and foremost experts on Oncidium intergenerics. Someone somewhere has a picture of it up-just have to find it.
    Good luck!
    Trent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12