Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drac. vamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey swords no prob. Unless youve got plants that were collected from the jungle there will not be mycorrhizal fungus in their root system. So yes spend the 50 bucks. Would you be willing to throw that link up? I can recommend a book if you like, it is available at amazon.com The title is, Micropropagation of Orchids its a great book but its not cheap.

Yeah those Orchid blooms sure are long lived Ive had Phrags in bloom for 6 months. But then most Stanhopea flowers last only a few days.

Peace
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kitchen culture

this is the only link i have found that has tissue culture kits for sale
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

For the DIYer: Tissue culture in the Home Kitchen

Thought it looked interesting but.....
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I didnt know they made a Kit like that, what a wonderful product.
    I would just make sure they give you the media for Orchid seed propagation, I would also ask which genera it can be used with. I couldnt tell you now but several genera have preferences and seem to do better in different mixes. But im sure they would be offering sigmas most popular orchid media.
    To which you could add what ever you needed. Again Id highly recommend that you purchase Micropropagation of Orchids. This book will definately come in handy.
    A laminar hood would be fairly easy and cheap to build.
    Axe man surplus sells dual panel blowers for 35 bucks!

Peace [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, the other 2 dracs. where delivered 10 mins ago by fed-ex. 1 drac. vamp. and 1 drac. gigas. packing was ok i guess. both dracs. where potted in orchid bark. kind of dry if ya ask me. drac. vamp. does have spike growing from it but, was damaged w/ packing. not flowering thu. if ya going to order one i would go w/ J & L orchids. might be 5 bucks more but, better quality.
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the one flower that was in the shipment of the Dracs.
    the Drac.poly flower dropped off just a couple of min. ago. last night when i was checking up on them i noticed that the flower color actually bleed from the flower. that is one thing i have never see a flower do when it was about to drop off from the spike.
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that's the one George I guess a bit more than fifty bucks but not too bad. I really like that DIY page that Big CP kid posted! Don't like to hear Neps are hard to sterilze to multiply by meristem though! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

I guess I don't really have room for MORE stuff in this condo! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know Id be curious to know exactly what makes Neps hard to sterilize. He never did say.

Peace [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast