Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drac. vamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't the site say it was due to symbiotic fungus living in it's tissues?
    But that's not to say I won't try it sometime anyway cos I'm often making cuttings and tossing them due to not having enough space for a bunch of some cheezy Nep hybrids that I got from lyndale gardens so that would be a good trial and error thing. Maybe on my days off for the holiday I'll try concocting that DIY kitchen TC recipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes you are right I dont know why i didnt see that at first.
    Id Like to know more about the type of mycorrhizae that grow in association with Neps.
    If any of you would like more info about Mycorrhizal fungus in general this is a really good start.

http://www.mycorrhizae.com/

Peace
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will read that soon! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, i have been checking the growth of the foliage on the Dracs that i got and since i got them last week some time the foliage has grown about 1". now if ya ask me that is some fast growing w/ keeping them right under the flor. light.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure they do not get warm. Dracs & Masd. like temps 75*F or less daytime and a 20*F drop at night due to their highland habitat. Seems like 90% of the "interesting" orchid species are highland which like cool (and humid) nights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it hasn't been over 75 degress here latly and humidity is 100% in there. the winter time i really don't have to worry about here. it is going to be the summer times that i'm going to have to keep an eye on the everything.
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id say the most interesting of Orchid genera would be Bulbophyllum and being the largest genera of all youve got quite a bit to chose from especialy since it seems as if most all of bulbophyllum prefere warm humid environments.

Im just curious, arent you guys experiencing any problems with what seems to me like excessive humidity.

Peace [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only problem i have is at night is i have to take a towel to everything to clean up all the water that has gathered around from the high humidity but, besides that nothing is really a big deal.

i have heard mix commets about the humidity requirement for some plants. one place i was told 50% is good enough another place i was told 70% was good enough and from people on here that 90% is what was needed for the plants to flower. so i just keep it on full blast. the highland neps. that are w/ the drac. seem to like it anyway aving the water sit on the leaves all the time.
    George McKay

Florida

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast