What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple more pics

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Here are just a couple more photos of newer additions to the orchid clan.  
smile.gif

whiteden8-3-02RS.jpg

Dendrobium 'Blushing'...pure white with a hint of pink on the lip.

raisinpie6-29-02RS.jpg

Paphiopedilum 'Macabre' x 'Raisin Pie'

Orchids are so beautiful.

Suzanne

I can't see the Raisin Pie photo...I've checked the coding and nothing seems amiss. Can anyone see the second photo?

Thanks

Suzanne

ya i can see the second photo. the problem is.....the first one isnt there!!! boy..thats wierd. very beautiful orchid by the way!!!!!!!! great job!!!!

Same here Suzanne, I can see your Paph (stunning pic) but not the blushing Dendrob.

Suzanne what do you use to take your pics?
What length of lens?
What do you use as the backdrop?
Do you have a studio?

I'm jealous, your pics are so good. You're a great macro-photographer, I'd be very grateful if you can give me some tips.

Cheers, Troy.

Hi Suzanne, Nice Paph. I looked to fix the other and your right the code is fine. The problem seems to be the Dend. picture doesn't exist on the AOL server. Maybe something didn't upload correctly.
T

Aww shoot! I wonder what the problem is. This has happened to me before. One person can see one pic and another person can see the other one.
confused.gif
I can see the den photo so it has to be on the server (plus i can see both files on the server). Yet other people can see the Paph (which I cant see) but not the den. Thats too weird.

AAuuuughh! I want BOTH my photos to show.
sad.gif

I will work on this. If anyone has a clue as to why this happens, I'd appreciate it (since I've been through this before with other orchid photos). I don't think I've had this problem when I've posted pics on other forums.

WAAAH!
sad.gif

hmm I checked the server and didn't see the Dend picture file. Did you hit refresh? It could be loading on your computer from Cache since it is in your files.

Here is the directory I was looking in:

http://members.aol.com/plantakiss
T

Thanks for your help, Tony.
smile.gif
I MIGHT know what the problem is. I know I uploaded the den file last nite and it appeared to be a successful upload. However, you are right...I don't see the den file there. My server space might be full. I just deleted some photos on there and now I can see both den and paph pics. But other people may not be able to see them both. When I get home tonite I will upload the den file again and see if that fixes the problem.

I wish I had my OWN server space with more storage capacity. One of these days...
smile.gif

Suzanne

OK...now *I* can see both pics...can everybody else see them??

I can see both pictures, and may I add that now I know why the Orchid is the national flower of my native country of Guatemala. How lovely!

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn

Welcome to the forums! I didn't know orchids were the national flower for Guatemala. Thats neat. Couldn't pick more beautiful flowers...and such variety. And the nice thing is that the blooms last for so long.

Hope to see you around in the forums!
smile.gif

Suzanne

*sigh* Just another picture of a beautiful flower
sad.gif

I'm not envious either.  Really!!!

If you believe that I have some beach-front property in Arizona .......
tounge.gif

Really can't decide which I like best.  They both truly beautiful
biggrin.gif

Thanks Suzanne, yes the orchid is Guatemala's national flower. Actually I think the White orchid is, cuz there's a poem about the white orchid. Now I'm sooooo tempted to get an orchid of my own after seeing these pics. I've seen them in stores before; and have been tempted, but I don't know about buying an orchid in a store that sells everything from nail polish to power tools.....hehehe

Evelyn

Thanks you guys...I owe it all to Momma Nature. She provides the beauty.
smile.gif
I just capture a moment of it.

suzanne

Back