What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New phrags

• Thread starter Tristan
  • Start date
Hello,
 I'm buying two phrags today and I'd like your advice on them.  I already know the basics.
Tristan-

I love the phrags....one of my favorites along with the paphs.
smile.gif
What did you get?

Phrags like it wet...they can sit in water. They also are finicky about their water...must be pure as with CPs. Don't fertilize too much. If you notice yellowing leaf tips it can be fertilizer burn.

Don't know if I told you anything new.
smile.gif
Post some pics if you can. I love to see them.

Good luck!

Hello,
I'm getting a Phrag China Dragon ,and a Phrag Grande. I think both of them can be found with google.

Thanks,
Tristan

I have a phrag St. Peter and a Grande. My Grande hasn't bloomed yet but its just now about blooming size. Can't wait for that!

I had a Grande but it was way too big for me and I traded it away last year. They grow to be impressive plants, with striking flowers pretty far above the ground. Phrags seem to do best in relatively small pots with well drained, but moist soil mix. They like lots of water and a good bit of light. I now have a few small Phrags (all species) and am experimenting with growing them in coconut husk chips, mixed with very little ordinary soil-less potting mix.

Interesting Herenorthere...you'll have to report back as to how that mix does.
smile.gif

Okay thanks people.

Tristan-

Back