Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New phrags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I'm buying two phrags today and I'd like your advice on them. I already know the basics.
    Tristan-

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the phrags....one of my favorites along with the paphs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] What did you get?

Phrags like it wet...they can sit in water. They also are finicky about their water...must be pure as with CPs. Don't fertilize too much. If you notice yellowing leaf tips it can be fertilizer burn.

Don't know if I told you anything new. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Post some pics if you can. I love to see them.

Good luck!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I'm getting a Phrag China Dragon ,and a Phrag Grande. I think both of them can be found with google.

Thanks,
    Tristan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a phrag St. Peter and a Grande. My Grande hasn't bloomed yet but its just now about blooming size. Can't wait for that!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Grande but it was way too big for me and I traded it away last year. They grow to be impressive plants, with striking flowers pretty far above the ground. Phrags seem to do best in relatively small pots with well drained, but moist soil mix. They like lots of water and a good bit of light. I now have a few small Phrags (all species) and am experimenting with growing them in coconut husk chips, mixed with very little ordinary soil-less potting mix.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting Herenorthere...you'll have to report back as to how that mix does. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thanks people.

Tristan-