Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oncidium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did nto smell it. I just picked the plant with the healthiest leaves... Ithappened to be an Oncidium when i got home.....

I know. That horrible... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img] I didnt want another phal though. Just tryin to get variety...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Now that I've re read that whole thread, I think I can ask a question a bit more clearly now...

First of all... I'll tell wuts going on with my plant.. Ok... Two done bulbs with leaves... One done bulb without leaves... One fan of leaves, still can't see the bulb itself yet. I'm guessing this is theone that will flower soon... The nublette stickingout of the ground thathasnt done anything... AAAANNNDDD, its new, but I found a baby growth coming from the second last bulb (the one that I cut the flower spike off of)... So I knowwhich will flower next, and what will be growing, etc...

Now that you know wut is going on in my pot... There are no flower spikes, and like Tony said I should do, there is a baby shoot, so I wanna repot. What I want to know, isshould I? Its a fairly small pot, and unless Oncidiums like small pots, I think it needs a change... What do I pot it in though I know that sounds dumb, but I honestly don't know where to get an orchid style pot... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're worrying too much there Greg.
    Get yourself a good sized pot, any kind that has good dainage - personally I like clay ones for my orchids but it's up to you - and just fill it with charcoal or bark. They'll love it.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally speaking there should be enough room for one or two new pseudobulbs to grow. Any more than that and the pot will be too big and the roots wont dry out fast enough and die. Oncidiums inparticular do like smaller pots with finer mix because they have thinner roots. If they are overpotted root rot becomes a great risk.

When do you repot your oncidium? When the new growth is right smack up against the side of the pot! If it is not and the potting mix looks like it is not all decomposed then leave it alone.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... Thanks... Hehe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123