What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid fever

Did anyone else besides me read this book by Eric Hansen. What did you all think of it?

I liked it. I can only remember the last few chapters though.

It's certainly changing my perceptions on some of the people and organizations that are supposed to be respected in the botany world.

I notice that I must have grow accustomed to reading monologues or something because a book written in this fashion (non scientific) seems to have taken me no time to read anymore! I wish it were longer!

Have you read either of his other two books?

No I haven't read his two other books. I know what mean about easey to read. This book only took me about a two days to read. While some books of a similar length take me much longer to go through.

Have you read the Orchid Thief?

No I haven't seen the Orchid Thief in the bookshops, who's it by? I might have them order it for me.

I'm guessing Kew Gardens' Bookshop wont be stocking Orchid Fever anytime soon - ha ha! They don't get painted in a very good light, and neither does the Orchid Societies in allowing botanical gardens to destroy people and/or their collections in such a way... absolutely shameful!

Yah I bet Kew won't be stocking that ever. I rember the part about the so called expert who had to confiscate a rare Cat. from some ones collection. It was on a table in the front of the greenhouse and the "expert" walked right past it.

Let me look around for the Orchid Thief, I may have lent it to some one. It was a very amusing book.

Back