User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often are they supposed to flower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes when i say " this plant is almost dead , can i get a discount on it " theyeither say ok or they just tell me that there gonna send it back to the company for a refund . that sucks , but good thing there is that 1 year warranty , i once though that it was plants that came directly from home depot . this year i'm gonna try to get some good deals on orchids with that phrase . sometimes when i look at the trashcan at plant sotres , there are so many wonderful planmts that can be revived that have been thrown away by unknowledgeble people , i wish i could just grab all those plants and get them free . thats a cool looking phal you got there , itdoe like it need more light because of the dark green leaves and i forogt why that new leaf is smaller then the others , try www.orchidlady.com for some info and help . orchids i usually see at my stores are phals , dendrobiums , oncidiums , paphs , brassia , cattleya , cymbidiums , and sometimes miltonias that can cost as much as 60 bucks , i can buy a refrigerator with that money .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a Phal to me, I have seen some with the ribbing in the leaves before, usually hybrids. Mine had the same flowers for six months nonstop, just dropped about 3 weeks ago... The flowers were also HUGE, about 2 inches across!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] GOOD LUCK, I think that you'll enjoy these guys!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I get orchids from a hardware store, its been Lowes. Here, Home Depot's plants SUCK. They look worse than Lowes and they don't have orchids that often so I never have tried the price whining trick there. At Lowes, they've never refused me (but they also have a Clearance area so obviously they don't send back the unhealthy plants). I don't really like buying orchids from Lowes but I do when something really catches my eye or I feel the need to rescue something.

I've got a local orchid nursery I can go to and I've gotten great buys on eBay as well...healthy plants too. There are quite a few good orchid vendors on eBay.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12