Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cirrhopetalum flowering!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it does take a while for some to come back. like the paph. i got most of them that where at the store there leaves where melting due to the heat. there was only one that was partly melting so i picked that one. i thought i was going to loose it cause another leave started to melt but, as soon as i cut it back past the melted part it started to do fine. the flower even didn't want to open up all the way and was looking down. with repoting 2 days ago i have noticed some growth with the new leaf that is coming from it and the flower finally desided to open up the rest of the way. yes, they do prove to be hardy when it comes to be grown in a store.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well If you guys have any further questions about Bulbophyllums or Cirrho's for that matter feel free to ask as they are my 2 favorite Genera. I also used to grow for Jerry @ Orchids Limited. So its more likely than not that I put that plant on that Hydrolog! hehe kind of a funny thought}
    Glad to see its doing well for you.

Peace [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Fantastic Khai!
    Maybe I can ask you what this nepenthes is that I bought at Orchids LTD in Jan of 2001? It was sold as maxima x bongso but looks nothing like the pic they have on their website whih is short and dark spotted. The peristome in this pic was not expanded fully now it has two "horns" on either side where it just flares a bit in this pic:

I like Orchids Ltd it's kinda like visiting a jungle! It makes me long for a greenhouse everytime I go in there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few cool Bulbophyllum and got a new one last week, my most expensive orchid ever, cost me Rp150,000 (about US$16).

It is called B beccarii, the flowers are nothing special but the foliage is awesome.
    I found a pic of it here

Bulbophyllum beccarii

That one you have Josh is worth getting, I'll have to have a look for it.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow! Thanks for posting that link Troy!
    I've seen this Bulbophyllum at Orchid LTD and could never find out what it was.
    Only $16? Wow that's as stunning as the plant! My Cirrho above was $35 it was priced at $65 but Jerry took a few bulbs which were hanging off it and made it cheaper for me (so I could buy more stuff heh&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]. this one is in bloom again so I'll get some better macro pics with the new camera. Also my Cirrhopetalum lapidaem is in bloom but these flowers are not as impresive as the hybrid above. It's somewhat like the blooms above but without the long tubular lip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sword, the picture u posted of the Nep. looks like a N.x wrigleyana
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Swords
    Well I cant be sure but it looks like you might have N. saguinea
    Jerry never was the best at keeping his labels straight.
    GEORGE I can tell you for sure that its not N.x wrigleyana
    as Jerry has never had that plant in his collection as far as I know and I know his Nepenthese collection quite intimately.

I know you will be seeing B. beccarii available from him in the not so distant future. There should also be some hybrids with it coming too. I know because I made them.
    I can tell you for sure youll be paying a #### of alot more than 16 bucks, especialy on the Jerry Fischer pricing scale. I cant believe he ripped of the #### psuedobulbs! As if this was some how off setting the price to any significant amount.
    So how do you like the smell of B. E. A. Buckleberry?
    Its not too unpleasant. If your into stinky flowers like me, I highly recommend Bulbophyllum medusae. The closest I can pin its sent too would be, sorry ladies, ball sweat.
    I know. . thats horrible, well your telling me? Im the one sniffin it all the time.
    B. echinolabium is most outstanding as well.

Peace [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    khia, well at least i know u won't be getting intimate w/ one of my plants
    George McKay

Florida

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast