What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid Cuttings

i went to my aunts house and she had some cool looking orchids , but they were really crowded and were in need of a repotting job but my aunt said they looked nice the way they were so i did'nt bother , but she did say that i could have some of the plants growing on the sides of the pots leaning over having no room to grow . i took one dendrobium , it was'nt a mature cane with no leaves , it was a green plant that had leaves . it had some small roots so i tried to pull the plant out thinking it was easy but ti was connected to the mother plant , so i pulled and twist is until it came off and i accidently did'nt leave it anyway roots left . i came home cleaned the plant , put some rooting hormone powder on the base and put the base in some lfs , then put it outdoors in bright light and some humity . my question is , will the plant rot and die or will it root and grow , the cane does'nt look mature but still i hope there will be a chance .

What you can do is soak the entire piece for about an hour in a properly mixed rotting soloution every day untill it sprouts new roots....also keep it in the shade! You don't want it to dehydrate or bake! No gaurante that this will work, but I have used this method to save hure mature plants that had been overwatered(or underwatered) to the point that they had 0 roots supporting a 1/4 pound biomass......hope it works or the plant will be getting a visit from
this guy ->
ghostface.gif

i don't really understand what your sayin , do you mean to take the whole plant , dunk it in water eveery day for one hour in a rooting solution and wait for it to root ? thast kinda what i'm doind , immoved the plant to partial shade and it in lfs with a rooting hormone powder on its base so i think the methods we've said are kinda the same a bit .

Yes...dunk the whole plant....it helps to rehydrate the plant....

Back