What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trisetella sp?

Does anyone know anything about this Orchid genus or where to obtain these plants???

Thanks

It's one of the Pleurothallids. Here's a link to a listing of Trisetella species at the Pleurothallid Alliance website. I bought a flask of Trisetella hoejeri from Troy Meyers this year and let me know if you're interested in a trade.

I would love to trade, but Im afraid i have very liitle to offer...

Does temps of 60 to 65 at night and 75 during the day sound right for this species, humidity above 60 and 6" under a 65 watt compact flouresent bulb, being watered everyday?

Have you found it easy to keep?

Thanks

Those are far better conditions than I can provide. I've only had the seedlings a few months and, perhaps because of our unusually cool summer, I haven't lost any. I think most, if not all of the species are from South American cloud forests. So cool, humid conditions are perfect.

By the way, two widely known sources of Pleurothallids are Andy's Orchids and Petite Plaisance. I've never ordered from either, but both have excellent reputations.

Back