What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying orchids in nep pots

I had arranged a trade for some moisture craving orchids and am going to try growing them in Nep pots.  My Neps pots are filled with a mix of LFS and sponge rock and the tops have been colonized by live sphagnum and club mosses.  It's a moist, but well drained place.

The orchids participating in my experiment are a Comparettia speciosa, Dockrillia pugioniformis, and Encyclia polybulbon.  The Comparettia is a twig epiphyte, so is probably least suited for the experiment.  But I think it'll appreciate the humidity boost.  The other two supposedly form mats on mossy trees and rocks, so should be thrilled.  I hope it works because I usually have trouble with orchids that demand moisture.

let me know how your Dockrillia does. i have one, different species though, mounted its been doing ok so far. done some spreading but nothing major.

Rattler

Back