Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top of wish list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The orchid growers have been quiet lately, so I'll try to start a new topic with this question - what is perched at the top of your orchid wish list?

For me, it's a Hispaniella henekenii. This species has been classified as an Oncidium and a Tolumnia and is now the only species in its own genus. Whatever name is used, I love Tolumnias and anything like them. And this is a fascinating one.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me...select forms of Cattleya leuddemanniana and Cattleya nobilior....on second thought, select forms of Cattleya species!
    I saw outrageous line bred Cattleya species when I was in Brazil years ago, and have never forgotten them.

Trent

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to get Schoenorchis fragrans.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno - I guess on the top of the list would be for my only orchid, rossioglissum grande, to flower. I really like oncidium gardneri and Odontobrassia 'Kenneth Bivin'...

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]rossioglissum grande
    that would be rossioglossum grande
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubra,
    When I was in Brazil I saw fantastic O. gardneri and forbesii, the products of breeding selected clones to each other. They were growing side by side with Rossioglossum grande, and tons of Odontocidium and Colmanara hybrids from Europe. Also, a pure white form of Miltonia regnellii. My favorite was Sophronitis coccinea growing on the wooden columns of a lath house. All of this was about an hour's drive from Rio deJaneiro, up in the hills.
    Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see Laelias in Brazil? I love Tolumnias, but lust after Laelias. Until recently, I could only look, not touch, because they didn't like me. But my little L. fournieri is spiking. It's one of the lithophytic ones.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top of my list..............thats a hard one. i would like some more lil bity ones especially any that would do well with lowland neps, i LOVE most any orchid that at mature size is at home in a 2.5 inch pot or smaller but they arent to easy for me to find up here in the middle of nowhere so i dont have many. leafless orchids especially the leafless vanillia are on top. i have plainifoila and siamensis so the leafless species would be a nice addition. i have 3 different Stanhopeas now so thats covered. man why do you have to ask this when i dont have a computer at home to check my books and plant labels?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast