Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A word to the wise

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you by an orchid that doesn't have holes in the side of the pot or is in a plastic pot be VERY VERY careful about watering. If you aren't careful.... POOF it'll turn yellow and die. I know from a recent experience, and I am not gonna repeat that experience.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    -Bill Cosby

LOL. I guess I'm stupid cuz I'm not really all that careful about watering mine... but hey, it's doing great so I guess there's no need to be alarmed :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF you have it in a glazed, plastic, or large clay pot fill the pot most of the way up with those packing peanuts. Then you do not have to worry about over watering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the plastic pot has holes?
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some nurseries grow Phals in potting soil in plastic pots. But they provide strictly controlled conditions. For the best results with orchids, err towards too little water, too small of a pot, too coarse of a medium, too little fertilizer, too little light and so on.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. mine is on a small plastic pot with sphagnum :P and I water it when it's dry. I also have it in bright light... on a windowsill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce is right, most of the hybrids for sale these days are remarkibly hardy. i have an Oncidium that flowers every 4 months under Bruce's "to lil" idea. i dont think i have fertilized the thing more than once in the last 2 years and its growing beautifully as one of my most neglected plants.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Feb. 13 2005,1:36)]If you by an orchid that doesn't have holes in the side of the pot or is in a plastic pot be VERY VERY careful about watering. If you aren't careful.... POOF it'll turn yellow and die. I know from a recent experience, and I am not gonna repeat that experience.
    .......It will?
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast