What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dendrobium aemulum

One of my Australian native orchids, Dendrobium aemulum, is in flower. Like many of our native orchids, the flowers are small, but they have an elegance and humility about them that is quite endearing.

This particular plant I rescued after the State Foresty Commission 'selectively logged' some State Forest adjacent to my parent's farm. Needless to say selective logging looks a lot like clear felling to me. These little orchids were on a tree that had been knocked over and left to rot.

Hamish
Den_aemulum_cropped.jpg

thats very nice. I hope you can manage to help the little critter grow!

very nice! wish we had stuff like that here in the south!

Nice I would love to get one of those. Pollinate the little beauty and send the seeds to troy meyers for flasking.
smile_m_32.gif
Then JLAP and I can get some of the babies without the paperwork of cites inportation. LOL

Josh,

If you'd posted earlier I would have given it a go. Unfortunately the flowers have finished for another year. I'll try to remember for next year.

Hamish

Back