Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vanila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Sep. 17 2005,6:23)]JC, do you have any pics of guzmania or Vanilla in the wild? i would love to see them if you do.
    I do, BUT I have to look for them... I know for a fact I have a couple pics of a couple BEAUTIFUL clumps of guzmania, pics of leaf less orchids (ghost) and other orchids etc. but dont know if I ever took pics of vanila, it is like a weed out there...I might have one or two I'll have to go through my old pic disks and find them. I have the disks at work, so i'll get them on monday. When I do I'll post em here.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

-Jc
    Heliamphora ... A genus that intrigues me and fills me with joy!

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright superimposedhope, you go find me ONE example where a Vanilla grows and flowers EVERY day(like a true happy Vanilla would) indoors in the USA or Europe. And without usign a terrarium.

And if I dont know, you dont know either. You dont realise that NO ONE has achived making a Vanilla truly happy so it makes a few flowers every day.
    So its not exactly an opinion. Its is a FACT. And you and a few others arnt accepting those facts. Tell me: What makes you think your case will be any different to the hundreds, if not thousands, of other people who have already tried the same thing? Plus those people have tried every trick in the book to tyr to make them truly happy and flower every day without using a terrarium or greenhouse, but nothing worked.

And youve just proved again that you cant do that with a Vanilla outside a greenhouse or terrarium, you said its essential for it. Point proved again: I already said you cant do it without a greenhouse or terrarium.
    and by the way, 7santiago and rattler want to do it terrarium free, so you havnt got much of an argument there.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Sep. 17 2005,6:25)]But I do stand by my statement that "experts [and serious growers] almost always have have ideal growing conditions for whatever it is they're experts [or serious] about. They either live in the environment their plants prefer or provide a greenhouse or some other controlled environment for them."
    Youre wrong again, all the experts I know have a house filled with orchids and they dont have any humidifiers or anything in their house to help them grow. They always tryt o make enw thigns grow in the house outside a controlled environment too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Juan-Carlos @ Sep. 17 2005,6:19)]
    Quote[/b] ]But does it flower happily EVERY day like mad like a good greenhouse grown plant does? I dont think so
    A truly happy Vanilla would make a few blooms every morning
    I live in Florida, sorry but vanila does not flower like mad all year around.. its actually quite rare to see blooms inthe wild...
    Thats because Vanilla blooms open at around dawm and die off at midday, and they would fall off and dissapear by midday, so not many people actually see the blooms cos they dont get there very early in the morning when their flowers are sitll fresh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 17 2005,6:33)]
    Quote[/b] (Juan-Carlos @ Sep. 17 2005,6:19)]
    Quote[/b] ]But does it flower happily EVERY day like mad like a good greenhouse grown plant does? I dont think so
    A truly happy Vanilla would make a few blooms every morning
    I live in Florida, sorry but vanila does not flower like mad all year around.. its actually quite rare to see blooms inthe wild...
    Thats because Vanilla blooms open at around dawm and die off at midday, and they would fall off and dissapear by midday, so not many people actually see the blooms cos they dont get there very early in the morning when their flowers are sitll fresh
    I ussually start my days in fakahatchee strand at around 8 am, to take advantage of the cooler morning. Sorry, but if even if this where true there would be spent blooms on the vines and or on the floor. I I do keep my eyes peeled because I am not only looking plants I am also looking for diffrent fauna in the strand. Even spent blooms, would be a nice treat.. they dont just vanish in thin air.

*sigh* I sure hope I have a pic of vanila in the wild just to show you guys... if not i'll snap one when I go again.

-Jc

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha this is one of those never ending debate topics... I'm off to work talk to you all tonight! Starman if your even in Miami Florida, contact me and i'll take you to see vanila in the wild. The proof is in the pudding

Take care guys,

-Jc

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I said dissapear I meant fall to the floor and get blown away etc.
    But that does seem strange, as here when Vanillas are truly happy bloom every day and produce a few blooms every morning
    Before that they dont really flower

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok everyone, Starman is right. We all might as well stop trying to grow any other way than what the experts say. Poor Rattler, you can't grow a tropical in Montana it's Zone 4 or something up there. Who's gonna break the news to him?
    I think we've met the Botanical Dahli Lama (sp?), he's only a few years old and wiser beyond his age. Before we try to go growing condiments we might try asking Dahli first if it'll grow or not. Why try it ourselves he already knows better than us.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast