Thread: Newly sprouted ceph seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (yoss @ Feb. 17 2006,3:25)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (curlingguy @ Feb. 16 2006,11:18)]200 were planted.....one grew........
    oooouch!
    If it was like this in the wild cephs would have been extinct a long time ago...
    I know they are hard to grow from seed but 0.5% germination?
    Maybe keeping them in the fridge damaged them or perhaps some smoke should be used?
    Man, that's rough! Makes me weary about starting Ceph seed [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the latest pic. Taken March 11th. The original pitcher has turned brown. Newer pitcher (2nd to grow) still looking okay. Plant seems to have been in a bit of trouble with about half turning brown but seems to be recuperating slowly. Very small bump at centre bottom which I assume is a new growth point about to come up. I have moved it to a larger container for better drainage. It had turned brown before I moved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi! saw your frame by frame develpment of the ceph seedling growth and plan to use it as comparison to some seeds i planted. problem is you stopped posting pics. does this mean -gulp- that little ceph didn't make it? hope not and it's 'cause your camera broke down. so far three seedlings have sprouted (germinated about a week ago) from a batch of seed i got from the icps. cold stratifiied them for 8 weeks and planted them on june 26th in a 5 inch wide, 4 inch tall pot with a roughly 50-50 mix of silica sand and very finely chopped long fibered sphagnum. i added a small layer of sand above the mix to plant the seeds on. i'm using a 1 inch tall dish filled with rain water to sit the pot in and don't add any water until it evaporates. i also mist all my plants couple of times a day and the ceph pot gets it share of the rain water mist just like the rest, yet the soil does not look soggy at all. sounds about right, yes? no? if i can get hold of a digital camera i'll post some photos.

everybody: comments are welcome.

thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Seedlings!!! You're doing something right. I'll let curlingguy fill you in on the sad details concerning the baby ceph...

Sounds good so far

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got home last night from out of town and found out now there are four! they must have been very fresh seeds when i got them from the icps. i can now see the fuzzy white stuff in the middle of the tallest seedling (there, with that scientific description i gave myself away and now you know i'm a biologist....not! ha ha). really have to get myself a digital camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't mean to brag, but now they're five seedlings... just hope they don't die. ha ha ha, else everybody's going to have a ball. tried to post a picture but must be technologically challenged 'cause i couldn't.

carlos

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note- I don't know what happened, but the ceph in the pictures is now pining for the fjords, tho it has been replaced by some more mature plants

Sounds like you're having pretty good success with your attempt, Carlos, hope you can get the technology figured out to post a pic of the fuzzy little guys
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "hope you can get the technology figured" yeah, me too. or maybe there┤s a philantropic soul out there that could send me step by step instructions on how to post pictures for dummies. or even better, send a blank post with some "insert your picture here"'s that would definetely make all our lives better. btw the family's grown to six seedlings now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast