Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new ceph is on its way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] How often does your Ceph put out new pitchers?
    I received the plant May 1, and by September it had put out 6 new pitchers. That's about 1 pitcher per month. All my cephs have stopped growing now because the temps are cool.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I received the plant May 1, and by September it had put out 6 new pitchers. That's about 1 pitcher per month. All my cephs have stopped growing now because the temps are cool.
    Very cool. I see a small nub making its way out of the rosette, so hopefully that means that my Ceph is enjoying my conditions. If (and when) its first new pitcher opens up I'll be sure to post a picture of it here [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wat size plant did you get Leeopardggecko? The small one or the medium one? After seeing that I defintly ordering today!!! I hope they dont run out. Also, do you think I could succesfully grow them with my neps? They are in humid conditions:80-90% humid., 2 100watt compact bulbs over hamging them by about 8 inches. They r getting 12-14 hours everyday and they're happy but not so sure for Cephs. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Wat size plant did you get Leeopardggecko? The small one or the medium one? After seeing that I defintly ordering today!!! I hope they dont run out. Also, do you think I could succesfully grow them with my neps? They are in humid conditions:80-90% humid., 2 100watt compact bulbs over hamging them by about 8 inches. They r getting 12-14 hours everyday and they're happy but not so sure for Cephs. Thanks!!
    I got the medium one, and sadly they're sold out of those. They were sold out of those two days after they put them up for sale! That crazy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] You can still get yourself a small one though.

Your setup sounds good for a Ceph. I have mine growing under two 23 watt compact flourescents and one 15 watt flourescent tube and it's settling in just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool i mite get 2 smalls. But do u think theres much of a diff.? Alos, is it safe to ship cephs wen its winter like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm, just from the pictures it seems that smalls are quite small...I'm sure the pitchers won't be nearly as big as the medium. Still, $20 is a good deal for a small Ceph. I say go for it!

As for the shipping in winter thing...I think Sarracenia Northwest does a good job with the packing, so your plants should be fine. You should go on their website and see what their policy is on shipping during the colder months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Very cool. I see a small nub making its way out of the rosette, so hopefully that means that my Ceph is enjoying my conditions.
    It's really fun watching the tiny embryo pitchers slowly develop. I received a Hummers giant a month ago, and it immediatly started to form new pitchers, so yours shouldn't take too long.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, hopefully my plant will start putting out new pitchers soon.

By the way, where did you get your Hummer's Giant? I've got the Ceph fever now and I want one!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast