What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new ceph is on its way!

I ordered a Ceph from Sarracenia Northwest a few days ago and I got notification that it shipped today, which puts it getting to my house either tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait!

I bought a very small Ceph several months ago from Black Jungle and it's still very small but has been a fun plant to observe. The one I recently ordered is considered "medium" which should be a nice change from my existing small Ceph.

I'll be sure to post pictures when it finally gets here.

smile.gif
Awwwww CONGRATS LLeopardGGecko on your Ceph/newest addition, make sure to post lots pics of it and even the other one you have as well..
smile_m_32.gif

Here's the development of my ceph that I received from Sarracenia Northwest last May.  It's a vigorous clone that turns bright red in good light:

The plant when I received it May 1.

ceph1.jpg

The plant 3 months later

ceph3.jpg

Brian

smile_k_ani_32.gif
WOW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Brian_W fantastic pics and VERY STUNNING Ceph you have there, i cant get over such awsome growth in such a short time.. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!

Cuda reminds herself must get me a Ceph like that someday.
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Brian, what kind of light do you have it growing under?

That's an amazing looking plant by the way!

Also what kind of conditions is it in?

-Rail

Stunning. Your Ceph looks... intimidating? I don't know if that's the right word. But anyway, the colors look really, really nice. I should try growing cephs someday.

I have several Cephalotus that I grow in my basement.  The temperatures are cool all year (daytime high 70-75F, with nights down to 60-65F).  I use a CPU fan to constantly introduce fresh air in my chamber.  The humidity is maintained at 70-75% using a humidifier hooked up to a greenhouse himidistat.  For lights, I use 6 40 watt tubes, 50% being daylight and 50% being cool white.  I can grow the cephs 12" from the lights and they still turn red. I water from the top (avoiding the crown/pitchers).

The bright red color in the photos is only temporary.  During early fall, my cephs turn such a dark purple, they almost look black.  

Next spring I'll transplant my cephs into larger pots.  Hopefully nothing will go wrong.

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian. Is there any way you could post a few pictures of your grow chamber?

Dang it! The lame postal service didn't deliver my plants today
smile_h_32.gif

Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow...

smile_h_32.gif
Awwwww LLeopardGGecko thats a bummer hopefully they will be there tomarrow, i hope your plants are ok when ya do get um in.. Please keep us posted..
smile_m_32.gif

I'll remind folks here that PFT has made a special offer to the forum members for cephs that are coming in soon. So anyone who wants a ceph...its a good opportunity to get one at a good price.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Nov. 07 2005,8:22)]Dang it! The lame postal service didn't deliver my plants today
smile_h_32.gif

Hopefully they'll be here tomorrow...
I can understand the way you feel - this was a common event for me when I lived in the US.
Despite my occasional criticisms towards the Royal Mail here in the UK, they're marvellous at delivering first class-stamped letters and packages the following morning, anywhere in mainland UK (in my experience, and according to them). Again, you have to take into consideration the vast land of North America and the population - the UK in comparison is small, has a speedy railway mail system, and the number of mail to be sorted is probably ALOT lower.
I'm expecting a batch of about 6 fine Neps to arrive tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed the same won't happen to me as it did to you, LG!
smile_o_32.gif
Hope you get your order soon!

Cheers

Thanks shokuchuu. I really hope you get your plants tomorrow! With any luck I'll get mine tomorrow too, and we can celebrate
biggrin.gif

Saying what you did about your speedy mail system (what's weird is that saying the word "speedy" makes me think of Speedy Delivery on the old show Mr. Rogers - Anyone remember that?!) makes me envious of all you UK people. I want fast mail too!

Correction! The mail just came and so did my plants! Whoo hoo! I gues our mail person was just running behind today.

I'll post pictures later on tonight
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Nov. 07 2005,6:58)]Correction! The mail just came and so did my plants! Whoo hoo! I gues our mail person was just running behind today.

I'll post pictures later on tonight
cool.gif
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Woo Hoo way to go LLeopardGGecko, glad they came ok, cant wait to see pics..
smile_m_32.gif

Sorry guys
smile_n_32.gif

I've been so busy this week with school and work that I haven't had the time to post any pictures of my new plants. I promise I'll get them up before the end of the week!

Here's the picture of my newly aquired Ceph...200 years late!
smile_n_32.gif
 Sorry for the delay everyone!

Ceph.jpg

One word- spectactular........congratulations.

Back