What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava 'red blotch' x flava 'veined'

I've been growing this form of Sarracenia flava for 6 years or so.  It is tagged "S. flava 'red blotch' x 'veined'".  I imagine the 'red blotch is var. rugelii, but a lot of hybrid swarms have been marked 'veined', so I'm not assuming it was var. ornata.  Anyway, this plant is dwarf growing.  Mature pitchers have never exceeded about 18".  Also, the markings are pretty nice.  Is anyone out there growing this plant, and is it also dwarf growing?

Take a look:
799f95cf.jpg

Thanks,
KPG

Any location info?? Looks plenty ornata to me.

This wasn't a "wild" plant. Vendor said he had purchased from someone who had made the cross. Sorry, wish I knew more than that.
KPG

It looks mature and has flowers on, so it looks like it's at maximum size. It's a nice stocky plant with the characteristics you'd expect from a rugelii x ornata cross.

Unusual!

Kind of "Marston Dwarf" looking but more robust. And a hair taller.

Know of a place just off rt 65 south of the Nat'l Forest where there are spittin' image flavas to the ones in the photo. They are smaller growing compared to the gargantuan tubes up in Sumatra. I always blamed the smaller stature on growing conditions, because the plants are in an unusually dry environment for flava.

Back