Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to Florida(grrrrrr) the first week in December for my dad's 90th birthday, which is also Mom & Dad's 50th wedding anniversary.

They live in the Brooksville area. Are there any CP sites around there? There is lots of real promising looking land there, and now that the freaking spiders are dead, perhaps I can go traipsing around it. Don't worry...I just want to look and take pictures, which I would share. I am a lot of things, and a plant poacher is not one of them. Are there any nurseries in the area that sell CP's?

Thanks for your help, and feel free to PM me. Una Cerveza, por favor! Mas frias! Aprilh
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should all be dormant by then if there are any there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but I will also be going back there in early march. I'd be happy to see some phylodia, or dead brown pitchers, to tell you the truth. I've never seen a pitcher plant in the wild.

Last summer I saw my first aquilegia canadensis in the wild...and I was thrilled!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go hiking in the green swamp in the Withlachochee wildlife management area. It is in several tracts near there, but I'd be careful, I think that it may be hunting season then. Also congratulations on the upcoming trip to paradise, we friendly folk in the sunshine state welcome you. If you need more precise directions let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh cool! So, you're saying I should wear bright orange and pray? We drive through Withlacoochee on the way to Webster's Flea Market! I've always wanted to go back in there (after the spiders are dead, of course).

I always look forward to some things about Florida, the friendlieness of the people being one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy your trip to Florida April. And I'm with you on the spider thing!!! Double bleccchhh and grrrr!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never seen a Sarracenia in the wild? there nothing like seeing a field of S. flava or S. oreophila with little Drosera and Utricularia growing in the mix [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feed the alligators, and beware of Flytrapgurl! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast