What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copper tubing

I want to make a water chiller to cool the roots of my cobra lily. I would like to use copper tubing since it transfers heat well. Does anyone know if the copper tubing the water will be passing thru will kill my cobra lily. I've read that cobra lilies are quite tolerant of hard water including dissolved copper. If it is bad, please offer up some soluion. Would an activated carbon filter work to remove it?

Chris

It should be fine. Where are you growing your cobra at the moment? Cobras are happy with warmish roots and they don't need to be chilled contrary to popular opinion.

activated carbon filters are only effective in reducing unwanted organic molecules; ineffective for filtering out
metals

Right now I have them growing on my windowsill. I'm just a little worried that the central Florida heat will kill them outside if their roots aren't kept cool.

Chris

Back