User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repotting heliamphora in detail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys my h. Minor is finally getting too big for the pot. Besides that I'm sort of greedy with this plant and want baby ones. Now about a year ago I tried to divide it and ended up breaking a pitcher. I know some people say they're so brittle to not divide them at all. How exactly would you go about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard that you should not divide them. Their brittle nature makes division super easy in fact.

To repot I would gently turn the pot over and gently knock the plant loose. Tease the old media away from the roots gently and then gently repot in a larger pot.

While it is unpotted you can find where a growth point attaches to the main rhizome and pop it free. Mine have always tended to be kind of tight together so I just use a toothpick to pry them apart, that pressure is usually enough to snap the connection. If you break the roots on the parent or the divison I suggest the sphag and bag method, other than that just treat them like you normally do.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat