Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sar seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had no problems when stratifying the seed in a small ziplock bag with a small amount of moist live sphagnum. I leave the seed in the fridge for 4-5 weeks and get great germination within 3 weeks after sowing on peat and sand with a top dressing of live sphagnum for extra humidity.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying a modified Bugweed / JBL approach. I have the seeds in craft store bags, in very cold water, for 3 months. And then I'll put them at room temp on media. I'll let ya know if it works!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best method I know of was passed down to me by Brooks Garcia (Sarraceniaobsessed) we both have achieved almost 100% germination rates with it I have germinated: Sarracenia, VFTs, Cobra Lilies, and some rotundofolias with this method. What he told me to do is to put the seeds on a paper towel, wet it then squeeze, then put it in a ziplock bag and label leave in the fridge for 1-2 months and pull them out, let the paper towel dry and sow the seeds on your soil
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Feb. 02 2006,11:06)]The best method I know of was passed down to me by Brooks Garcia (Sarraceniaobsessed) we both have achieved almost 100% germination rates with it I have germinated: Sarracenia, VFTs, Cobra Lilies, and some rotundofolias with this method. What he told me to do is to put the seeds on a paper towel, wet it then squeeze, then put it in a ziplock bag and label leave in the fridge for 1-2 months and pull them out, let the paper towel dry and sow the seeds on your soil
    That is exactly the method I used and got 100% fungal infected seeds. I tried to grow them anyway, just in case any were still viable but but got zero germination. I have been advised to wrap the damp paper towel in foil in future. I haven't tried that yet. I now just put the seed into seed trays in the greenhouse at the beginning of February and let them stratify naturally as they would in the wild.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12