What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

I am looking forward to it!

42 as of 15:00 PST.. found 2 buds on S. flava "Red Tube" and 1 more on the S. flava rubricorpora x moorei burgundy
biggrin.gif

This day 5:25 P.M. PST, 139 buds. Avalon Beach kidz are waking!!!!!

5:30 P.M. PST. 149 buds. No sign of stopping. Being buried in flowers! HELP ME!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Being buried in flowers! HELP ME!!!!!!!!

pruning.gif

Don't worry Buggy, we'll cut you out!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 01 2006,5:41)]5:30 P.M. PST. 149 buds. No sign of stopping. Being buried in flowers! HELP ME!!!!!!!!
Just let me know when I can collect seeds..

Mid to late September, Steve. They should be ripe by then.

Don't want to brag too much--zero.

I guess I should qualify my post there
smile.gif

The flava's are now coming out of dormancy. I have seen one flower head popping up out of the rhyzome on my S. flava var maxima. The S. oreo's should be right behind (odd though...they usually are ahead of the rest). We have had more cold days than warm days this winter, so things are taking a bit longer than some years. We are finally getting some consistant days near 50 degrees or above now.

Oh, and one last thing....what did you guys expect? I'm up in the Washington State...home of the cloudy days.

-Jeremy

5:10 P.M. PST., 160 buds! Oreo's just started, BUT, the most important one to me is my anthocyanin free s. alata from Carl Mazur. First flower!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm up in the Washington State...home of the cloudy days.

And nights.

And mornings and evenings.

smile_n_32.gif

Bugweed, all the plants I got from you are rocking! 5 flowers on one of the S. rubra ssp. gulfensis Ancestral Form! I guess they're glad to be waking up.
smile.gif

EST! YOU SLIME!!!!! I only got one! DANG!!!

LOLOL!

just ordereded 16 (10 rhizome, one fancy hybrid collection) new sarras from cal. carnivores so I hope to get some more blooms

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]EST! YOU SLIME!!!!! I only got one! DANG!!!

LOL!!! It's OK- watch me have mislabled it.
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Don't worry, I can hook you up with some seed. LOL!
smile_n_32.gif

Nah, I've been careful with dem labels! Keeping the labels straight is harder than growin' the plants! I admire all the folks out there with big collections able to keep things straight while remaining -even marginally- sane!

Sane, Est? What is this "sane" you mention??

My flava is flowering`0`
Others... dead or alive...

Todays count, 5:45 PM, PST---163 buds.

This time of year...I'm still playing "Dead..or Dormant?" Actually, all my plants are over-wintering in the garage of a former member. She makes sure it doesn't go much below 35 in there.

This is my first winter with CP's, so it will be interesting and probably heartbreaking to see what/what didn't make it.

I'm very envious of all you bloom seein' people! Congrats!

166!! 9:00 A.M. PST. Already 16 buds over my estimated "crop" of seed, and so many more growing points are swelling, I will have to wait and see what happens next. Time to get ready to pollinate and bag blooms!!!

Back