What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

1 more flower on a vft so I'm at 10 + I just got a uge tarnok that could send up to 5 flowers up, all growing points are swelling + I'm expecting 17 more that should each be flowering size

Approx. 3:20 P.M. PST, 177 buds! Not even close to finished!

17:30 PST Total of 48.

7:55 A.M. PST. +1= 178 buds.

Will I get up to 200 this year??

Went through again (gonna rain buckets shortly) to see if there were any changes. There were.
12:00 P.M. PST 186 buds. WOW!
Oh Yeah! And 1 open leaf. S X areolata from Tibbie Bog, Washington County, Alabama.

Way to go, Bug! My first open leaf is still a ways of, I think. S X areolata from Tibbie Bog, Washington Co., Alabama is a GREAT way to start the season! I'm quite partial to mine.
smile.gif

Noticed a couple of new flowers, hopin' to get 10 for my first "real" Sarracenia season. Hehehe!
One again, many thanks to Bugweed for makin' my season full of flowers! Weren't for his generosity I'd have maybe two or three. Maybe.
laugh.gif

Keep on flowerin'!!
smile_n_32.gif

Is it Tibbee, Tibee or Tibbie? I see a few different spellings around and do they refer to the same bog?

Alvin, I looked at a map to spell it right.
Todays: 5:15PM PST 190 buds.
And yes! Same bog. Just spelled wrong. But, I had to look at maps to be sure. T-I-B-B-I-E

Latest count!!! 198!!! Ta-DAH!! And to think they predict 33 degree F cold for the next four days. I guess we will see if I am in the seed, or holding sarracenia bud funerals for the next 4 days!!!! And if this IS it, it's been a great run of buds this year.

Get crop blankets Bugweed! Pronto! I don't want to hear that your buds froze off.
smile_h_32.gif

I would be more worried about my buns then my buds. Californians are not used to being that cold.
smile_m_32.gif

My S. rosea is already pollinated and S. 'Leah Wilkerson' and S. "Leah's Child" are both blooming. Should be a good year, glad to hear others are seeing flowers also.

c.c. plants came in today i should be upp around 15 from the last count so thats like 24

Wolf9, I'm from Montana so this cold is an inconvenience for the plants, not me. Hope we are in the mini climate that prevails here and keeps us above freezing! Sometimes it doesn't.

Well then what would make you leave the wonderful state of Montana, for California? Other then better conditions for your plants.

Then, Wolf, there was no work in Montana unless I wanted to live my whole life punchin' cattle. Harder work than I do now, and wageless!

Understandable gotta go where the work is, but punchin cattle has to be fun.

Not in the dead of an open plains winter and blizzard.

Besides, Wolf, if I were still in the Big Sky Country, I would be an icicle! And I wouldn't have TODAY'S COUNT!!!!!: 214 Buds!

I'll be doing my count this weekend ala Count Dracula Bugs! Behind but flowering in the East--just wait! I'll get you my pretty, and your little purp too.
smile_n_32.gif

You shall not catch me!! I laugh in your general direction!!!!

Back