What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats your flower count so far?

Well Bugsy, I can't keep up with the likes of YOU...that's for sure! BUT, I have just counted 129 buds on all my Sarrs. Mostly various Texas alatas and generic leucos, but lots of 'em nonetheless.

Let's see...an average of, let's say, 500 seeds per flower...times 238 equals...WOAH! 119,000 seeds! Geez...where are you going to grow all those?!? LOL!

Mike

Not asking for anyone to have more or catch up or anything. The thread asked how many, and I am posting how many. And that would be 245.

Bugweed,
How do you have the time to count them all?
biggrin.gif

For my babies, I MAKE the time!

where are all the pics of all of these babies? IS there another thread for this?

Forbes should be here on March 25th. He will take pictures of all my flowers and any leaves that may have opened. Todays count: 248.

I went out to count flowers the other day. here's what I saw:

bkyrd.jpg

maybe in another month. actually, a flava x minor sent up a bud recently, but I just bought the plant, so that doesn't really count.

LOL! That's great...hey, I saw a crocus in the back corner--must be a hot spring there...
smile_m_32.gif

No, Joe. What's great is todays count: 252 buds!

Wow! How do you keep track of these? I guess if a pot has 4 mature growth points and all four have a bud, you can put that pot aside (assuming it is in a pot). But if only three of those have buds, you have to monitor it for the forthcoming coming bud. Or do you count the entire lot each time?
smile_m_32.gif
Listen, whatever your methods, it's pleasing to hear about this. I gave up counting mine for the tracking reasons I mentioned. And I'm in the process of dividing many plants which makes it even tougher. I'm letting all of my plants bloom this year to enjoy the beauty. I'll bag only those that I'll be crossing--a fraction of the whole.

man! I'm only at around 20 and I gave up on counting them, jsut figured I'd pollinate them onxe theyre up

Tonight we have--------------263 BUDS!!!!!! And still not finished.

This morning: 264 buds. A new s. oreophila bud appeared this morning.

Can we just rename this thread?

LOL!

SURE! CP30, name it whatever you want! 266 buds!!! YEE HAW!!

OK, Buggs's Buds. That work?

LOL, your count is amazing - someday, someday....

CP30, the amazement continues!!!!

279 buds as of this morning!

Whats the most flowers on a single plant? I have a S. oreophilla that has 15 buds on it. I never thought any Sar would make that many flowers at once.

293 buds!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!

O MY WORD Bug that amazing! I have a bud count to add!

I HAVE ONE BUD!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!
That makes three total since the plant JBL sent me has 2 buds on it, but I can't take credit for that one. It came in bud. I noticed one on one of my hybreds this morning!! So I'm stoked!! I can only guess what its like to have 300 You go on with your bad self Bugweed!!

Back