Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceph digestive juices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was moving one of my Cephs around within my grow chamber and I accidently spilled some of the juices out of one of the newly opened pitchers. I don't think all of it came out, but a good portion of it did. Is this a bad thing? Will the pitcher die because of it? Can I somehow replenish the juices by feeding the pitcher a bug or maybe refilling it with distilled water?

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had pitchers dry up if a good portion of fluid is spilled from the pitcher. No ill effect will happen to the plant other then the pitcher drying up. I do not think replenishing the fluid will help, but could be worth a try.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    w my last plants i just have the plants and they die.. the ones new are reciving much love and atention... im sure the plant will be fine, u take care alot abouth u plants, i dont know whuts going on w the trap, but i just hope the best, good luck [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Feb. 04 2006,6:21)]I have had pitchers dry up if a good portion of fluid is spilled from the pitcher. No ill effect will happen to the plant other then the pitcher drying up. I do not think replenishing the fluid will help, but could be worth a try.
    Dang, I was afraid of that. I guess it'll teach me to be much more careful when moving any of my Cephs around. I think I may try to put some water back into the pitcher though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though, don't most people say not to put in water since it messes up the digestive fluid? You could put a teeny drop of milk in, and that would make the plant produce loads more digestive enzymes, and it would fill up the pitcher a bit more. But, I suppose that's not much different from water.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Feb. 05 2006,11:01)]You could put a teeny drop of milk in, and that would make the plant produce loads more digestive enzymes, and it would fill up the pitcher a bit more.
    I wouldn't risk putting milk in it, it may cause the trap to rot and harm the rest of your plant.
    Just leave it like that for a while, it won't kill your plant however, cephs may experience and survive fires in the wild so an empty pitcher shouldn't be much of a problem.
    add a drop of distilled water if you like but nothing else.
    Yossi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also had pitchers dry up after the fluid was spilled out. I think this is also the reason why pitchers die back after being shipped. For some reason the addition of RO water doesn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le Bump
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast