What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First S. alata bloom of the season

Nice! Man, it looks like a forest of flowers in the background!!

None of mine have opened yet, but there's more poppin' up daily!

i think i have to say sarr flowers are one of the prettiest out there!!! i have a question can you tell just by looking at it how old the plant it? and this was my question that wasnt answered in the previous topic...do you think it is possible to grow sarrs outside in zone 6 with mulching in the winter?

wow, man these plants are prolific bloomers, mine didnt seem that big but it was ther first to flower for me as well, these are great little plants huh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 24 2006,9:27)]i think i have to say sarr flowers are one of the prettiest out there!!! i have a question can you tell just by looking at it how old the plant it? and this was my question that wasnt answered in the previous topic...do you think it is possible to grow sarrs outside in zone 6 with mulching in the winter?
I know people who grow S. alata and S. leucophylla in Canada all year round, so, yes.

I'd start with S. purpurea ssp purpurea if you're in a northern clime, and add more if you're successful with those.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Feb. 24 2006,9:17)]Nice!  Man, it looks like a forest of flowers in the background!!

None of mine have opened yet, but there's more poppin' up daily!
yep, at last count there were 30 buds coming up.

Nice flower.

How do you get your pictures to post? I am using the same site but can't get them to work to save my life! Sorry for going off topic.

Glenn

Example to follow.

unknown2jan044sp.jpg

Now it works!!! LOL

Boy do I feel dumb!

Feel free to delete these.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Glenn @ Feb. 28 2006,1:06)]Nice flower.

How do you get your pictures to post?  I am using the same site but can't get them to work to save my life!  Sorry for going off topic.

Glenn

Example to follow.

unknown2jan044sp.jpg
Is that N. miranda?

I have one I made from a cutting, that despite being new, is producing only upper pitchers, and they look pretty much like that.

It was not labeled when I bought it but I am 99.99% certain it is Miranda. Mine has produced a basel shoot and is now producing lower pitchers as well as uppers.

Glenn

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Feb. 26 2006,1:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 24 2006,9:27)]i think i have to say sarr flowers are one of the prettiest out there!!! i have a question can you tell just by looking at it how old the plant it? and this was my question that wasnt answered in the previous topic...do you think it is possible to grow sarrs outside in zone 6 with mulching in the winter?
I know people who grow S. alata and S. leucophylla in Canada all year round, so, yes.

I'd start with S. purpurea ssp purpurea if you're in a northern clime, and add more if you're successful with those.
thanks scott
i had a "judith hindle" from target and i didnt want to kill it (i ended up killing it anyways). but thats just way eaiser to do thanks!

Back