Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus looking bad

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a Cephalotus for about a year and a half and it had been doing fine, producing new leaves and giving me winter leaves to sprout new plants, as well as producing new shoots. I was taking cuttings of winter leaves and saw that the plant looked close to death, like it was dried out. Is that what sudden death looks like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today i c a dry leave of my ceph...i hope she is ok, i cant help you jim, but i just wanna tell you i hope the ceph get well soon, and wanna give you a lot of hope!, Cheer!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jim, I had this happen to mine, or something similar. It declined rapidly, and in desperation I removed all the dying leaves and pitchers, carefully rinsed all the media off, sprayed it with a fungicide, and repotted it in new media. Can't say what it was or if it would work for you, but I've got tons of new non-carnivorous leaves and a few pitchers starting. Good luck!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Max! I'll have to buy some fungicide. Any recommendations? I took like 6 winter leaf cuttings and a shoot that accidently got severed in the leaf pull process. I will definitely rinse and repot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say that has ever happened to me Jim, but I really hope your Ceph pulls through!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I got it from Elgecko ~16 months ago, in a visit.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SCOTT, what are you doing to the ceph I gave you!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Is the center crown looking dead, or just a pitcher that started to inflate and browned?
    I have had it where a pitcher will start to inflate, then all of the sudden it browns and dies. This might because of not getting enough light? It has happened on my typical ceph that has pitcher on top of pitcher on top..... sometimes the ones lower down will have this happen to it.

In case you missed the shot of the pile o pitchers.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Mar. 09 2006,7:20)]SCOTT, what are you doing to the ceph I gave you!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I think he is trying a new experiment. Taking all of the leaves off of his ceph to see if the ceph can survive. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast