User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heliamphora Pitcher Production

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just recieved a H. heterodoxa with 3 mature pitchers the tallest being 4'' tall. How often does a mature H. heterodoxa produce a mature pitcher?

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Heterodoxa produces very tall pitchers, up to 10 inches [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Boo!
    Got scared [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont grow Heliamorpha but i have heard they can take over 6 months to form one. if the pitchers are that tall and mature it might be H. Minor instead of H. Heterodoxa.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the majority of the pitchers are juvenile. It has three mature pitchers each one larger than the one before it. My guess is that it is in the early stages of maturity. I have no doubt it is H. heterodoxa. I just recently aquired it along with a H. minor and have little experience in growing Heliamphora. I read that they are slow growing. I'm curious as to how slow growing they are.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get one pitcher every month or two from my H. heterodoxa. It's pretty slow compared to my other helis, and I should point out I only have one. Mine started making mature pitchers at 3 inches tall, and each one since is just a bit bigger.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Caplock. That's exactly what I was looking for. I just got mine as a bare root plant. I carefully potted it so hopefully everything will turn out alright.

Chris