Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cobra lily experiment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent been able to keep them alive, well maybe its just me trying to save them from stores?

Cheers

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's largely hit or miss with those Lowes cubes. If you time it with a new shipment, your chances are good. If you wait a few weeks, you take your chances. Mine was one that was kicking around for awhile and I got lucky, beyond the acclimating process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the easy route. I have my Cobra planted in a glazed/undrained ceramic pot. I just come buy every few days and fill it back up to the top with water.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 17 2006,4:59)]I took the easy route. I have my Cobra planted in a glazed/undrained ceramic pot. I just come buy every few days and fill it back up to the top with water.
    inside on a window sill or outside in the Texas heat?

I like the filter contraption.I thought of something similar,but have not done it yet. Let us know how it does in the summer heat!
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Mar. 17 2006,1:56)]Do they though? In my experience cobras are fine as long as the roots aren't cooked, which is pretty hard to do. Keep the water table reasonably high and they'll be happy in heat and sun.

I really don't know why people build contraptions for them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    Look at a photo of one growing out of a stream of melting snow from a mountaintop, and the meaning of "fine" starts to change a bit. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I wish I had a picture of one like that but I can't find any.

Again, I've done fine. I'm just curious what spectacular looks like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (CP30 @ Mar. 17 2006,8:35)]
    Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 17 2006,4:59)]I took the easy route. I have my Cobra planted in a glazed/undrained ceramic pot. I just come buy every few days and fill it back up to the top with water.
    inside on a window sill or outside in the Texas heat?

I like the filter contraption.I thought of something similar,but have not done it yet. Let us know how it does in the summer heat!
    Right now both of them are indoors under CF lights. But last year they delt with the 110 degree/full sun outdoor days like a champ. I did'nt even give them cold water. They are true survivers.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimscott: how is your process done?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far it looks like the first new pitchers are about 50% bigger than the old pitchers.

Is this typical at all coming out of dormancy? I haven't done it with cobras before.

They're also getting a little more natural light than they were pre-sleep, but I have a pot of cobras in the same location that aren't getting the moving water, and they haven't been growing larger due to the sunlight at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast