What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Sarracenia Flowers

Here are the first two Sarracenia flowers to open for me this year. This is S. flava (typical).

100_1242.jpg

This is S. leucophylla "Titan".

100_1243.jpg

Just had to share them with somebody.
smile.gif

Very nice
smile.gif

Your flava flowers look like they have some alata in them - the petals are a paler yellow and are more circular.

Congratulations!

Alvin, you might be right. My S. alata have opened as well and look almost identical as far as the flowers. But the plants in the photo were sold to me as S. flava (typical) from Cooks. The mature pitchers do not look the same though. They both look like photos I have seen in books and on the web, but I am no expert. So, I don't know. It's possible.

I am just very thrilled to be graced with so many blooms this year. I have never had over 6 in a season and this year I have counted over 20!

Just gotta say that first picture is really good. Like something I would put on the wall. Keep it up!

Peter

Back